Thursday, September 16, 2010

Silence and Noise



Locate I

love you some-

where in


teeth and

eyes, bite

it but


take care not

to hurt, you

want so


much so

little. Words

say everything.


I

love you

again,


then what

is emptiness

for. To


fill, fill.

I heard words

and words full


of holes

aching. Speech

is a mouth.

This poem titled 'The Language' by Robert Creeley has taken over my life this week. His reading of it is uncomfortable at first, but I absolutely love it and suggest all you wonderfuls give it a listen here. On another note, I have drawn the lucky winner of my first giveaway! Thank you all for your lovely entries, but the winner is......Kiss Me Quick! Make sure you send me your mailing address to casie.brown@ryerson.ca so I can mail you you're new darling bag and scarf!

*photograph borrowed from Lauryn Holmquist, check out her photostream!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the part: "then what is emptiness for." great poem.

Abi said...

I listened to this several times. It's a little incoherent, but he reads it with so much raw emotion; makes the poem really come to life. I love it!

LaurenSchoon said...

You have such a beautiful blog.. very dreamy :)

http://champagneandmarshmallows.blogspot.com/