Tuesday, March 22, 2011

air

                           
Each year, around this time I begin to crave the Virgin Suicides. I've read the novel numerous times, and will always adore it, but there is also something about the dreamy, airy quality of the film that seems to invite itself  into my life come spring. Perhaps it's the notebooks filled with scribbles, coded record phone calls, suntanning on front lawns,  homemade floor length florals, windblown hair and platform sandals that draw me in. Though I love the romantic aesthetic of the novel and film, it's a world I can only take in small doses, once a year when I feel the urge to shed my winter wools and layers.

    

     

       

       

       

       

       


8 comments:

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

oh, i love this film. so tragic and pretty at the same time.

Nici said...

I haven't seen the film yet, but I want to do that!
Nice blog!
Hope we could follow each other!? :)

Briana Teresa said...

Ohh the pictures and your description instantly reminded me of Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975) I saw a little article about it in some trendy magazine and watched it. It's like eerie-creepy-lacy-pretty... and stuff. yeh. I want to see this now!

Fydez said...

I love Virgin Suicides as well! I will be reading the book soon! :)

Lovely blog!

Senna said...

Such a good and sad movie!

http://boston-and-i.blogspot.com/

April said...

I study to this soundtrack all the time.

louisa said...

this movie is soo amazing! one of my favorites :) you could laugh and cry at the same time!

Kennedy said...

i LOVE this movie too! i watch it at least once a yr, did you know that its on netflix watch instantly now?